PrestaShop is a content management system (or CMS) launched in 2007. It is specializing in the design of e-commerce sites. It provides a solution suitable for both individuals and professionals: a merchant can create his online store for free without any specific technical knowledge.
We can write down plenty of reasons why someone should choose PrestaShop as their e-commerce solution. But to keep it short and simple we are providing only a few reason below:
A recognized e-commerce platform
PrestaShop is an open-source e-commerce platform that was developed in 2007 in neighboring France. Since then, PrestaShop has captured the hearts of millions of business leaders. So what makes it so special?
Open Source means that you will get the source code from the platform so that you can modify it however you want.
You have a powerful tool to develop your business and make life easier for your customers and partners. It is also known and appreciated for its user-friendliness, flexibility and reliability.
Ease of use
Yes, PrestaShop is easy to use, but don’t think there is just an “Add to Cart!” Button. Depending on the complexity of your business and your business model, you will need to call on a partner agency, like ours, to help you set up your technical features and advise you in digital marketing and online sales.
PrestaShop offers lots of features, tools and settings. However, the internal PrestaShop developers have managed to combine the standard and essential e-commerce functions complemented by a user-friendly and intuitive interface.
In addition, the PrestaShop administration panel can be accessed via a mobile device, such as a smartphone or tablet. So you don’t need to have your computer nearby to quickly adjust your inventory or check the status of your orders.
Here is an example of features that we have mastered and that could support the development of your online business:
- Responsive design: we develop Templates that allow a unique experience on mobile and tablet (M-commerce).
- A wide choice of languages, both for Frontend and Backend.
- A catalogue model that eliminates the option of payment so that your visitors can see your products, but cannot buy directly from the website.
- A multi-store mode that allows you to connect multiple stores with different domain names and manage them through a single admin panel.
- Improved analysis with real-time visitor tracking, average order value, conversion rates and other essential information about your online business in Switzerland.
- A range of marketing tools including newsletters, affiliate management and social media integration.
- Deep Natural Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and built-in functionality to easily customize meta titles and meta descriptions and create SEO friendly URLs. The semantics of schema.org are also integrated.
- Easier and more complete B2C or B2B store management, including management of products, digital products, inventory, shipping, payment, customers, etc.
… And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
An extremely versatile platform
With Prestashop, you can have creative and complete control over your e-commerce site. Customizing a theme or creating a tailor-made module for your activity is possible thanks to the modular architecture of PrestaShop. With its share of possibilities, offer your future customers a 100% M-Commerce platform that will help them order your products via their smartphones.
All the reasons mentioned above are the advantages offered by Prestashop and its partners. With this solution, you can make the most of the flexibility and scalability needed to build a successful brand locally or internationally.