Prestashop has a default great feature name Prestashop Multistore which meaning is the ability to manage multiple shops from the back office. From these features, you can manage the Prestashop 1.7 multistore that share common components and features.
If you want to enable the multistore then you don’t need to install the Prestashop modules, Prestashop has a default multistore option.
What is PrestaShop Multistore?
Multistore is a functionality that allow the user to have multiple store on different domain / subdomain within one Prestashop platform. You easily can manage the multiple store within one installation to use the Prestashop platform. In this article, i will show you that how you can easily setup the Prestashop 1.7 multistore.
Why do you need Prestashop Multistore?
- Products are available in multiple countries for different price: If you have multiple product for multiple countries at different price then you need to setup the prestashop multishop.
- Multiple store with different branding and designs: You can install and run different themes / module and content by Prestashop default multustore depending on country / customer group.
- Multilingual, different design with the same resources in different price: If your store have differen languages with different layout design and the same resourcesw with different price then you can do that by Prestashop Multistore.
So if you have requirements like those then you can use the Prestashop multistore option. Prestashop Multistore is a nice option that will allow you to have several stores on different sites in one admin panel.
How to configure the Prestashop Multistore
If you want to create several online shops from your resources then you need to perform the following actions:
- Login to the back office.
- Go to the Configure > Shop Parameters > General
- Enable the Multistore from switcher and Click Save button.
Now we have to create a new store group and create a new store. When you click on the Save button, you will see the new button named Multistore under Advanced parameters.
- Now Click on the Add New Group to create a new group.
- When you click on the “Add new group”, you will see the following options available:
- Share group name: Here you will add the group name.
- Share customers: It will allow the user to use the same login optin for all stores in the group.
- Share available quantites to sell: It allows the store to have a total number of item for sale.
- Share orders: If this option switch to enable then the customer cart will be shared by all shops in this group. It allows that customer can see orders from all stores in one account.
After creating the new group, we will move to make a new store.
- Now click on the Add a new shop button.
Now you have to enter the name of the store and select the shop group.
- Shop group: Select your newly created group.
- Category root: Select the root category of the store.
- Assosiated categories: You can specify the available categories for the store.
- Theme: Now you can select theme which you want to use.
Now click Save.
Now you will find the store on the list in the shop.
You have to click the “click here to set a url for this shop”.
In URL OPTIONS, you will get:
- Shop: You can configure the URL from here.
- Is it the main url for this shop?: The main URL of the shop where all other URLs will be redirect.
- Status: You can enable or disable at any given time.
This is all about the Prestashop 1.7 Multistore, If you feel any issues applying the above process, feel free to explore our PrestaShop Development Services.
Read More: How Multistore Works In Prestashop